Question video chat app that is easy to use and free

corvairbob

Distinguished
Aug 20, 2016
i'm trying to find an app that is free and easy to use. i set up duo but that is like chewing a brick to get installed on a pc and then make video calls. it seem you have to have a phone number. i would like to find one that uses your email. i spent half a day trying to get duo to call my pc form the wifes pc. and then after i got it my pc uses edge the wifes uses chrome. i tried to get mine to use chrome and then h ad to start over. and settle for edge on my pc.

i tired whats app and i had to put it on the phone but it would not work on the pc so i tried zoom and that is hard to set up and skype is not free and discord seems to not be free. facebook is to invasive i had to go into task manager and turn that off from starting when i start my pc it seems to get rooted into the pc lilke the phone so bad you can't get ride of it. i have skype on my pc for the dr. to use that is not bad but not free. i do not use thee much so it is not worth paying for. but if there is a free video chat for a pc so you can chat pc to pc and easier to set up that duo i sure would like to try it out. thanks