VIDEO: Conan Pokes Fun at Gears 3's "Emotional Side"

Status
Not open for further replies.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
and i still find nothing funny about conan... hate him even more because i owned stock in the company that payed him off a while back.

festerovic

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2008
That game looks pretty boring. Graphics look meh too. Not sure what the interest is. I like shooters, but I could never get into gears. Of course on PC, not on the RROD.

Slomoshun

Distinguished
Oct 1, 2010
Honestly these graphics look no better than the first one. Ohh..the sad sad demise of an outdated non-upgradeable console.

DSpider

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2009
That's hilarious.

"Yeah, I love poetry, hold on one sec."

"YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT FRENCH CINEMA!"

lmao

Fucking commercials. One at the beginning, one at the end. About the same fucking thing too! Who uses "Bing" when Google is the main search engine and has been for the past 7 years (?). Stupid Microsoft. I will never use Bing!

beayn

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I don't understand why they don't refresh consoles. Seems all they do is reduce the die size when they could also increase the Ghz, add more RAM, up the RAM speed etc. Make an Xbox 360 SE that's faster. Of course, this would have been a few years ago.. it's too late now.

hixbot

Distinguished
Oct 29, 2007
Because if they release new games to take advantage of the increased speed, the people on the old versions wouldn't be able to play. If they want to update them, they release new consoles and call them something different. I think the old consoles need to be replaced too... but having some 360's faster than others is the worst idea I've ever heard.

Vladislaus

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2010
[citation][nom]beayn[/nom]I don't understand why they don't refresh consoles. Seems all they do is reduce the die size when they could also increase the Ghz, add more RAM, up the RAM speed etc. Make an Xbox 360 SE that's faster. Of course, this would have been a few years ago.. it's too late now.[/citation]
I would agree with Microsoft and Sony releasing a new console. Releasing a current gen console that's faster is not a good business strategy. People buy consoles because of their stable hardware specs. If they changed the hardware, those that had previous versions would have their experience reduced.

AbdullahG

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
[citation][nom]lostmyclan[/nom]yeah xbox and sony is very stable... sony burn and xbox got the 3 red lights of death...Very stable... god dammit my pc is stable.[/citation]
You get hardware failures from consoles if you either abuse them or play on them like there's no tomorrow. So for everyday, not-lasting-for-over-12-hours-gaming, consoles are stable. PCs are stable as well, but they are much more delicate and need more caring. Simply dropping your HDD when you build your own PC will screw you. Pushing your PC too far will kill your components (i.e. being stupid and doing crazy OCing on a stock cooler).

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]slomoshun[/nom]Honestly these graphics look no better than the first one. Ohh..the sad sad demise of an outdated non-upgradeable console.[/citation]

That's because all 3 games use the unreal engine idiot, has nothgin to do with the console limitations. unreal games all look the same on PC too

Maxor127

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2007
I like Conan, but that was lame. I thought the game was pretty boring, though. I'm not a fan of any of the previous games either, so I didn't expect it to be great to begin with . It was just more of the same. I was bored as hell playing it.

aaron88_7

Distinguished
Oct 4, 2010
"Honestly these graphics look no better than the first one. Ohh..the sad sad demise of an outdated non-upgradeable console."[citation][nom]demonhorde665[/nom]That's because all 3 games use the unreal engine idiot, has nothgin to do with the console limitations. unreal games all look the same on PC too[/citation]
Actually, it has everything to do with console limitations. Games these days are made for the consoles, then ported over to the PC's, not the other way around which is how things used to be. The games look the same because they use an engine that is tuned for a console's limited hardware capabilities.

Back in the day games were made for PC's and looked amazing, then to sell them on the consoles they had their graphics slimmed down so it would run with a decent frame rate. But now because console gaming is more profitable games are designed to run their best on the consoles limited capabilities, then ported to the PCs.

The result is stale looking games on all systems, consoles and PCs. It sucks, but that's what happens when corporations take over an industry, everything goes to sh*t

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
I've never really been into gears of war, but I was really thinking about getting this game just to see what all the hype is about. Game really doesn't look that bad to me. Just hope it's not a port.

rohitbaran

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2010
I have followed Gears of War 3 (even though I can't play the last 2 for not being on PC) and I was disappointed in the ending, as they pulled off a Deus Ex machina. Really cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.