Video Editing HW/SW Recommendations?

PghDrake

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004
Hello -

Someone has asked Me to recommend a Digital Video Camera and Video Editing Software for them. I use Pinnacle 9, but I dont' think it'll run very well on his current hardware.

He's got a Dell Laptop, 1.8 GHz with 512 MB Ram. He has a S-Video port on it, which is what he hopes to use to transfer video from a camera to the laptop.

What would be the best software compatible with a system with these specs, and can you recommend a good video camera that can transfer to his laptop?

I'm thinking Ulead for his software, but I want to ask you guys since you seem very helpful and wise in these areas. :)

Thanks!

-PghDrake

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
First, is the s-video is for input or output. I hardly hear any laptop with a video in unless a firewire is build in.

Anyway, you can try to use Ulead video studio 8 on that laptop. For the camcorder, you can try either sony, canon, JVC or panasonic. The model is hard to say since it depends on ones budget. Take a look at the camcorders at this <A HREF="http://www.dvspot.com" target="_new">website</A>.

P4 1.7Ghz @ 2GHz, 512MB PC800 RDRAM, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 60GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
K Apps General Discussion 2
G Apps General Discussion 7
G Apps General Discussion 1
T Apps General Discussion 10
K Apps General Discussion 4
G Apps General Discussion 1
Z Apps General Discussion 2
A Apps General Discussion 3
F Apps General Discussion 5
O Apps General Discussion 2
B Apps General Discussion 2