Video Editing HW/SW Recommendations?

PghDrake

Distinguished
Jul 29, 2004
Hello -

Someone has asked Me to recommend a Digital Video Camera and Video Editing Software for them. I use Pinnacle 9, but I dont' think it'll run very well on his current hardware.

He's got a Dell Laptop, 1.8 GHz with 512 MB Ram. He has a S-Video port on it, which is what he hopes to use to transfer video from a camera to the laptop.

What would be the best software compatible with a system with these specs, and can you recommend a good video camera that can transfer to his laptop?

I'm thinking Ulead for his software, but I want to ask you guys since you seem very helpful and wise in these areas. :)

Thanks!

-PghDrake

rubikian

Distinguished
May 20, 2002
First, is the s-video is for input or output. I hardly hear any laptop with a video in unless a firewire is build in.

Anyway, you can try to use Ulead video studio 8 on that laptop. For the camcorder, you can try either sony, canon, JVC or panasonic. The model is hard to say since it depends on ones budget. Take a look at the camcorders at this <A HREF="http://www.dvspot.com" target="_new">website</A>.

P4 1.7Ghz @ 2GHz, 512MB PC800 RDRAM, 64MB Abit Ti4200, 60GB Maxtor, 120GB Western Digital, 48x24x42 TDK CDRW, 16X ASUS DVDROM, SB! live 5.1DE, Lifeview 3000 TV card