Video editing lag

Apr 27, 2018
I am trying to edit DJI Mavic 4k video in Filmora on an MSI laptop and am experiencing two problems. The raw footage is good but Filmora seems to take any anomaly and accentuate it and there is a small skip in the footage about every second. I am keeping exported video at the same frame rates etc as the raw. Could this be software or could the laptop be generating this?

Apr 27, 2018
I'm trying to use this process but when I go to link the media files, it only links to the first video file, not all of them. Anything I could be doing wrong? All the lower files are with the exact name as the original ones, only in a different folder. Plex Kodi Lucky Patcher

Jun 28, 2018
You'll need to edit by proxy, prior to exporting/transcoding.
That or get an even more powerful system.

The proxy process is either time-consuming or inconvenient, depending on the editing software.
I use Premiere. 4K media is sluggish for me, so I only load the clips I'm interested in, then transcode the relevant clips to 1080p (or 720) into placeholder files, edit those(effects, transitions, etc.), then perform the proxy 4K replace routine for final 4K output (or if it's only 1080p output, simply use the proxy file sequences as masters).

There are other methods, both in Premiere and in other editors.