Video editing software for beginner enthusiast video editor.

HikaruHaruQ

Estimable
Aug 24, 2014
Hello guys,

As I am soon to be building a new pc, I'm also looking to buy myself a new camera as well (EOS 60D by Canon) and because of this I feel that a fitting video editing software will go in hand. Now I'm not looking for professional ones like Adobe premiere pro yet or some others in that range not yet. Just something that is enthusiast grade but really good.

Cheers

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013

cyberlink powerdirector 12.
good, easy, cheap, powerful

I have that, Sony vegas pro 13 (600). while song is a beast, I still end up using powerdirector for most light editing, and making home DVDs with menu chapters and such on powerdirector is great

Dblkk

Honorable
Oct 30, 2013
Yea, I have and have tried using premiere elements 12. It has a good organizer, but as far as editing and movie making its pretty limited. And its been a while, but I think file format both import supported and output supported is really limited. The $75 price tag (student discount) is also higher than powerdirector 12 which I think the ultra version is like $40 (theyre always on some 50-75% discount). So if your paying, powerdirector is my hands down recommendation. If you want more mainstreme then sony vegas pro 13 I think hands down superior to photoshop, but both those are around the $600 level, plus the added affects you can buy are expensive as well and almost needed to go with them.

Havent tried Corel Studio, so that's worth a look.