Video editing software for easy and precise spliting and joining

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azamath

Estimable
Oct 13, 2014
What i need is a software that offers exactly the same funcionality as Windows Movie Maker trim tool but it should actually work.

What i want to do is to take some video, cut small pieces from it and make new video from them.
The cutting tool should be very precise (about 0.01 s, i know that video frame rate may cap precision). As i said it should offer the same as Movie Maker trim tool - setting start and end point, entering my own numerical time value (not only inaccurate sliders), easy play back of selected fragment.

Why i can't use Movie Maker?
Because it does not work as intended. Sliced video fragments tend to stop working, silence themselves after adding new fragment or play longer then intended. Whats more after saving the video final effect is different then preview.

I already tried lots of video editors (Wondershare Video Editor, Youtube Editor, VSDC Free Video Editor, Ezvid and few more i can't recall now) but none of them offered what i need.

Any help will be appreciated.

MabF

Estimable
Jul 25, 2015
Azamath, what did you finally get to solve your problems. I'm interested because I have a similar problem in that I need Edit/capture software that will allow me to edit out parts of a video from inside the video. Everything I've seen so far only lets you trim the sides or split the video and trim the side of each - I need more.

Status
Not open for further replies.