pepito

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2002
will someone give me an idea on what composes an ideal computer system for video editing? i mean the components of the system, RAM , CPU, Video Card, and all requirements.
Thank's a lot!

jmecor

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2003

NurseMSIC

Distinguished
Nov 3, 2001
Do you not think the original poster just MAY not be still waiting for an answer?

<A HREF="http://www.anandtech.com/mysystemrig.html?id=18108" target="_new">My <font color=orange>Editing</font color=orange> & <font color=green>Gaming</font color=green> Machine</A>

jackscotty

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2003
Intel componets always seem to have worked the best for me regardless of the configuration. Certainly if you have the money I would suggest getting the latest and greatest componets on the market. I am not certain if there is much difference between a 3.06 MHz processor and an 3.24 MHz processor but when it comes to video editing, you really can never have enough power.

A good motherboard with the fastest FSB available with DDR ram is a good place to start.. then I would suggest getting a separate ATA-133 to run 4 120 GB hard drives in a RAID configuration.

Any firewire card would do if all of your video work is comming straight out of your digital camera. I use a pinnacle AV card that also accepts analog inputs so that I can import stuff from VHS or TV. And I can also output to VHS.

As for a video card, any halfway decent AGP card will do however I chose a dual head 64MB Radeon 9000 so that I can do a dual monitor setup without using up any more PCI slots.

Any $10 16 bit sound card would sufficient unless you plan on authoring your videos in Dolby Surround sound.