VIDEO: Fighting Invisible Baddies on Xbox Kinect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
I can imagine many black eyes and many broken body parts from this. Try a combo and end up kicking the guy that comes up next to you. Moving just doesn't work in a small space.

mikem_90

Distinguished
Jun 24, 2010
Somehow I have the image of that Youtube Video where those guys try martial arts, punches, kicks against training dummies, and pretty much just fall on their ass.

G

Imagine two player! You start fighting on the screen, but get too pissed off at little glitches and just start beating up your friend instead.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
I can see a market for this, WiiFit for men.
There's gonna be a lot of broken furniture though, you won't want to be in front of the TV for this one.

Ragnar-Kon

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Eh, cool but won't be playing it. I play video games to sit on my ass and do nothing. If I actually wanted to move my body then I'd go outside without video games.

JOSHSKORN

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
I can already smell a lawsuit coming basically conveying "I'm a stupid parent that didn't plan correctly so I'm going to sue Microsoft and Ubisoft for creating a game that makes my child more violent, causing him/her to break things in the house and send him/her to the hospital." Yeah I can see that. Of course, the alternative would be just to not buy connect unless you have a huge bonus room with the furniture along the walls and not in the middle of the room. Are humans that proactive? No, but they will find ways to sue to make a quick buck!

hellwig

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
Yikes, the action looks a little slow. The opponent is just standing there taking punches and kicks. I imagine the game is going to look exactly like two gamers pretending to fight, really slow and choppy. Think a bad wrestling match where one wrestler has to stand there pretending to be hurt while the other one tries to remember what move he was supposed to do next.

I think the novelty of controlling the game with your own moves will wear off when the game itself proves rather boring.

womble

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2006
Hmm, could be kind of cool if the speed is there and maybe if the opponents hit back (they looked like they were standing around like Tekken training mode!).

Now if the adversaries are going to be punch bags how about making available character models to beat up...there are a fair few politicians I could think of for a start...and a fair few so called pop stars...

G

k i wanna see the video of the dude executing those final finishing moves cause im going laugh my head of if he actually pulled that off in real life

in reality ubisoft added fuzz factor, because the average joe can barely kick above waist height let alone land a kick to a persons head.

I would love for them to introduce a calibration mode where by you execute a variety of moves and then ranks you based upon the moves you can and can't execute, if i was able to spar against another pro rank gamer then i buy a damn xbox 360, knect and clear out a room just for that alone

Status
Not open for further replies.