Solved! Video Lag changing channels

bostonsoftball

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
Hello, my Samsung LN46A750 has recently started to upscale non-HD channels to full screen. Prior to this HD was full screen and Non-HD was 4:3. This upscaling causes the TV to reset whenever I change channels. I have no idea why this started or how to resolve it. Ideas?

Solution
Chances are extraordinarily high you've gotten new software sent to your cable box. Power off your cable box, but not the tv. Press menu for the cable box. Change your 4:3 override to OFF. That should keep your set from re-rastering between nonHD and HD channels.

Also, in the additional settings page, change your palette to RGB instead of YCC. Samsung and Sony TV's do not play nicely with Motorola crapware.

mrtired

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2010
Chances are extraordinarily high you've gotten new software sent to your cable box. Power off your cable box, but not the tv. Press menu for the cable box. Change your 4:3 override to OFF. That should keep your set from re-rastering between nonHD and HD channels.

Also, in the additional settings page, change your palette to RGB instead of YCC. Samsung and Sony TV's do not play nicely with Motorola crapware.

Solution