VIDEO: Leak Gives First Look at Xbox Dashboard Update

Status
Not open for further replies.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
To be fair, we can all see the way this is going, in a few years we will have Kinect control for everything, so you don't want to have touch screen for your HTPC? Duh obvious, but you can sit on your couch and wave a hand in the air and it will run programs, play videos & music, etc - so to give a Metro style UI for Xbox is halfway there already.

No more game controllers or remote controls to lose, no more batteries running out, no more having to get off my fat lazy ass to pick up a controller or remote I have put down more than 3 feet away. Heaven for couch potatoes.

templinc

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
[citation][nom]amk-aka-phantom[/nom]None of the PC enthusiasts this website is made for...[/citation]
ROFLMAO, agreed!!!!

rebel1280

Distinguished
May 7, 2011
[citation][nom]templinc[/nom]ROFLMAO, agreed!!!![/citation]

TOTTALY AGREE, 30-40% of the articles on toms now are apple "rumors", since when is this a rumor site?! wtf toms, you do have some nuggets of gold, but if you want to keep readers from going to REAL geeky sites like /. then i suggest you stop this bs rumor mills! And its not just apple, its a bunch of other stuff to. Thumbs up on the marathon builds though :)

adaman2576

Distinguished
Oct 26, 2009
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]To be fair, we can all see the way this is going, in a few years we will have Kinect control for everything, so you don't want to have touch screen for your HTPC? Duh obvious, but you can sit on your couch and wave a hand in the air and it will run programs, play videos & music, etc - so to give a Metro style UI for Xbox is halfway there already.No more game controllers or remote controls to lose, no more batteries running out, no more having to get off my fat lazy ass to pick up a controller or remote I have put down more than 3 feet away. Heaven for couch potatoes.[/citation]
I hope that never happens. My wife always moves her hands around while talking. I don't want the channel to change every time she wants to strike up a conversation while i'm watching sports.

back_by_demand

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]adaman2576[/nom]I hope that never happens. My wife always moves her hands around while talking. I don't want the channel to change every time she wants to strike up a conversation while i'm watching sports.[/citation]
Men have a quick hand movement for that too, ***SLAP*** right round the chops

demonhorde665

Distinguished
Jul 13, 2008
[citation][nom]back_by_demand[/nom]Men have a quick hand movement for that too, ***SLAP*** right round the chops[/citation]
do you ever find yourself wondering why you can't keep a girlfriend ???

ap3x

Distinguished
May 17, 2009
[citation][nom]rebel1280[/nom]TOTTALY AGREE, 30-40% of the articles on toms now are apple "rumors", since when is this a rumor site?! wtf toms, you do have some nuggets of gold, but if you want to keep readers from going to REAL geeky sites like /. then i suggest you stop this bs rumor mills! And its not just apple, its a bunch of other stuff to. Thumbs up on the marathon builds though[/citation]

If you want guaranteed comment activity in droves for your article just say the word Apple or IPhone in every post. Does not matter if you are talking about a remote control toilet. Mention Apple and let the fireworks begin.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]UltimateNubs[/nom]Give me back the blade dashboard![/citation]

i love what was considered blades. and i have HATED every ui sense.
i mean every one is more annoying to use than the last...

Status
Not open for further replies.