Video: Liquidmetal Morphs Into Watch Bezel

Status
Not open for further replies.

burnley14

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
Did anyone else find that "we subject to incredible punishment" line slightly erotic? Especially when she goes on to talk about how it was so hard . . .

AMW1011

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2009
Okay, that woman who narrates the video has a horribly annoying voice.

Oh and, I still don't understand why someone would pay so much for a watch.

jacobdrj

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2005
Because it is a status symbol. Back in the day, nerds wore calculator/remote control IR watches to show they were true nerds. Now, nerds don't wear watches, because they have clocks on each of their 20 electronic devices they carry with them/use every day...

Rich people and Rollex have a strong history. But some people like less gaudy watches, that still have some real world practical value. Omega fills this on the high end, where Seiko is a bit lower down, and more consumer grade is the Invicta watches...

There are more of course, and their prices usually have to do with their uniqueness and material value. But watches are to men as jewelery is to women...

lejay

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2009
[citation][nom]jacobdrj[/nom] But watches are to men as jewelery is to women...[/citation]
Let's be honest here... it is jewelry.

theuerkorn

Distinguished
Jan 30, 2009
Why does it seem that LiquidMetal has just been introduced? I mean, Sandisk ran with it for a while but somehow pulled back and no Cruzer Titanium to be found anymore. I guess cost wasn't justified. Regardless, it has been used for many years some places successful, other not, but point being it's been in use for a while.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]moricon[/nom]what a load of C***[/citation]

I want my 1:45 back. They actually wrote and article on this?!?!!???!? Great the numbers on the bezel will last forever but the watch stops running in a year.

beaumeri

Distinguished
Apr 22, 2010
Don't forget Apple just bought all the right (exclusivity) for electronic device build with liquid metal... It's probably why you'll hear a bit more about it now..

Status
Not open for further replies.