Video Recording Problem from AT&T Receiver to Panasonic Recorder

nuts4cats

Prominent
Dec 7, 2017
For years, I have been recording DVDs and VHS tapes to a Panasonic recorder (DMR-EZ48V) from an AT&T receiver. Then AT&T switched the receiver to wireless, and it stopped working. I could get audio but no video on both DVD and tape. Not thinking that AT&T would change it back, I switched electronics between rooms, and the recorder worked there with a wired receiver in the original room. As it happened, AT&T was here for another reason and agreed to switch the receiver back to wired. I then switched setups again, but now the recorder is back to not recording video. I tried adding component cables--no difference. Got lots of phone support from AT&T, which verified my connections. AT&T thought it must be the recorder, but again, it worked in the other room on a much older, SD TV. It just wasn't a convenient place for me. I've checked the manual for any possible setting slip up. It all seems right. Any ideas, I hope?

P.S. Apparently these types of recorders are not made anymore. What do people now use to copy from their DVRs to gain space?

Solution
You can either install a larger hard drive inside the DVR (there may be guides for your model online) or use an external drive with the DVR as well. Or just delete your old saved content. DVRs are not really made to record and save everything, just to watch things you may have missed. It's not like recording off a TV broadcast to VHS so you can keep a copy, it's more time-shifting so you can watch when you want to.
You can either install a larger hard drive inside the DVR (there may be guides for your model online) or use an external drive with the DVR as well. Or just delete your old saved content. DVRs are not really made to record and save everything, just to watch things you may have missed. It's not like recording off a TV broadcast to VHS so you can keep a copy, it's more time-shifting so you can watch when you want to.

Solution