VIDEO: Sim Shows BP Oil Spreading up East Coast

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridik876

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
"Again, the results aren't labeled as a prediction, but rather serves as a scenario of what might happen if the Loop Current is in a typical configuration."

...so it's a prediction then? -__-

Clintonio

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2008
[citation][nom]Ridik876[/nom]"Again, the results aren't labeled as a prediction, but rather serves as a scenario of what might happen if the Loop Current is in a typical configuration."...so it's a prediction then? -__-[/citation]
A prediction would be taken seriously by politicians and other scientists. A model is something you do to get a prediction, but until it's proven to be using sound methodology, it will just be a model.

wonspur

Distinguished
Mar 6, 2010
The current along the east coast is very quick, which is why boats get lost in the "bermuda triangle" so often, rescuers that lose contact for more than 30 minutes can be off by as much as 2-3 miles by the time the get to the location that was called out to them. i really hope they can contain this before it gets worse.

G

hahaha it will reach around Florida and dump its load... what a bad choice of words... LOL

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]pachisss[/nom]hahaha it will reach around Florida and dump its load... what a bad choice of words... LOL[/citation]
Especially since Florida has been called "America's penis" for YEARS.

HalJordan

Distinguished
Jul 16, 2009
[citation][nom]preciousl[/nom]The League of Justice can finally use Aquaman for something.[/citation]

I'm tired of the Aquaman bashing. He is king of Atlantis...show some respect.

tokenz

Distinguished
Mar 11, 2006
I think bp should be charged enough money they go bankrupt. Just for being dicks and dumping large quantities of oil into the ocean.

thesupermedium

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
I think we should have learned by now that this is what happens when you use Oil for everything. Everyone is talking about punishing BP, but they don't acknowledge it's everyones fault for making this necessary. Maybe instead of giving out subsidies and contracts to the oil guys, let's use that money to build up sustainable infrastructure. Common sense?

mlopinto2k1

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2006
It's amusing that since this isn't affecting anyone here (yet) we can sit back and laugh about it. Real nice. It's OIL. You know, oil? In saltwater. Where millions of fish LIVE. Fish that you EAT.

ta152h

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2009
[citation][nom]mlopinto2k1[/nom]It's amusing that since this isn't affecting anyone here (yet) we can sit back and laugh about it. Real nice. It's OIL. You know, oil? In saltwater. Where millions of fish LIVE. Fish that you EAT.[/citation]

I don't eat fish corpses, but I do feel bad for the fish that suffer. I'm for bombing Great Britain and turning it into an ash tray, before their oil company turns are coasts into one.

feeddagoat

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2010
Still in denial about the extent of this? Seems the most likely course in my eyes and if it does itll end up on Irish shores. I hope BP are willing to pay for the clean up in that case. The other thing I can't understand is the attitude its Obamas fault. What do you expect him to do? Walking out on water, say one word and everything will be ok? This is purely BP's fault for screwing up in the first place, and not have a suitable plan for this case of senario.

Status
Not open for further replies.