Video TDR FAILURE atikmpag.sys (AMD graphics card)

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015
Hello guys, I got this failure recently after leaving my laptop to sleep and opening it again the next day.
Initially I searched online and some of the suggestions were that the gpu were probably overheating so I cleaned the fan. Turns out the problem is still there. So next I tried another suggestion that I uninstall my current display driver (amd driver) through safe mode and that initally worked. I was able to access laptop without having to use safe mode and then I was able to install the latest driver. Everything was working fine for the first few hours with occasional display crash when I try to play some games but eventually my laptop gave up and started having the same problem again with the same error. The previous solution did not work anymore. Uninstalling the driver wasn't a problem but when I tried to install the latest driver, my laptop crashes indicating this error. Now here I am back in safe mode as this is only way I can access the laptop without having it crash.

Estimable
Mar 30, 2015

Sorry for the late reply. I tried your suggestion and it didn't work. Also I wanted to correct my mistake on the post. the error is actually atikmPag.sys, not atikmDag.sys.

I should also note that display has become a bit flickery where you can see the lines.

sgtmasterD

Estimable
Aug 3, 2014

Please try reinstalling your gpu drivers

Please keep me update