VIDEO: Wicked Lasers Burn Through the New iPad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008
[citation][nom]vaughn2k[/nom]The video is cool, but I hope the guy has really lots of money to burn a U$600 gadget...[/citation]
Considering those lasers cost about $300 each I would say that he does.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Actually, this is the cheapest way to advertise
"a combo of four Wicked Laser products for his new iPad's destruction: the Spyder III, S3 Arctic, S3 Krypton and the Torch Flashlight."

Burning 600$ gets a lot more in return.

tsnorquist

Distinguished
Dec 8, 2009
[citation][nom]hairystuff[/nom]I reckon he used some pyro at around 1:25 because the laser on its own can't really do that unless its in the 10+ watts.[/citation]

I reckon he didn't as the lasers probably penetrated the lithium ion battery at that moment (if i had to guess).

seels

Distinguished
Jul 21, 2009
I don't know how you can burn such a valuable, revolutionary, magical device. This is just irresponsible. My family could all use back-up iPads.

mark0718

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2008
The demonstration with the flashlights was misleading:
The waste heat from the halogen lamps in the flashlights caused the
damage, not the energy in the light from the flashlights.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
[citation][nom]seels[/nom]I don't know how you can burn such a valuable, revolutionary, magical device. This is just irresponsible. My family could all use back-up iPads.[/citation]
Despite the eeepad transformer being first to come out with those specs? i hardly call it revolutionary, or magical

[citation][nom]leakingpaint[/nom]Stupid. give it away rather what a feckin waste. Rich intelligent people can still be fools.[/citation]
What's the fun in that? handing it to someone doesn't give entertainment. blowing things up is exciting. I Dare you to try a video of you giving someone an iPad and see if you get more than 1000 hits in a YEAR!

mcd023

Distinguished
Nov 9, 2010
[citation][nom]leakingpaint[/nom]Stupid. give it away rather what a feckin waste. Rich intelligent people can still be fools.[/citation]
Please understand: blowing stuff up is never a waste. haha. good times.

socalboomer

Distinguished
Sep 13, 2008
[citation][nom]hairystuff[/nom]I reckon he used some pyro at around 1:25 because the laser on its own can't really do that unless its in the 10+ watts.[/citation]

Nope - that's actually what a lithium battery looks like when you short it/vent it/destroy it. They're actually fairly dangerous if mishandled.

[citation][nom]mark0718[/nom]The demonstration with the flashlights was misleading: The waste heat from the halogen lamps in the flashlights caused the damage, not the energy in the light from the flashlights.[/citation]

LOL - how many 100W halogen flashlights do you have? Yeah, me neither! Still extremely cool!

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
I know most will not agree but what a waste of 500 dollars when there are kids who are hungry and need simple things like blankets and shoes. I much prefer for someone to donate the 500-600 dollars to needing cause then waste it playing with lasers even if it is pretty awesome.

Kami3k

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2008
[citation][nom]hotroderx[/nom]I know most will not agree but what a waste of 500 dollars when there are kids who are hungry and need simple things like blankets and shoes. I much prefer for someone to donate the 500-600 dollars to needing cause then waste it playing with lasers even if it is pretty awesome.[/citation]

Yet here you are on a modern electronic device.

Why didn't you use that money for those children your crying about?

Hypocrite.

hotroderx

Distinguished
May 15, 2008
[citation][nom]Kami3k[/nom]Yet here you are on a modern electronic device.Why didn't you use that money for those children your crying about?Hypocrite.[/citation]
There is a huge difference between me using a Modern Electronic Device and that video. I don't go around destroying electronics on youtube trying to look cool. The video was cool but my first thought is always what a waste that money could be used for something way more productive.

Status
Not open for further replies.