VIDEO: Wii 2/Project Café Caught on Camera

Status
Not open for further replies.

joytech22

Distinguished
Jun 4, 2008
I say fake because there's no sound (if there is, something in my PC died again..)
Probably to hide all the laughing :)

I'm just kidding of course, but their powerpoint display was very simple.

TheViper

Distinguished
Nov 26, 2006
Fake. If this was a developer invite conference then they would obviously know who filmed it by his seating position and would be sued for breach of his signed non-disclosure agreement and probably have his company lose their licensing rights.

This is most likely a game development course with someone doing a presentation on next generation consoles.

kinggraves

Distinguished
May 14, 2010
Presenter does not look Japanese, facts displayed on screen are all rumors, presentation was simple line drawings even though they supposedly had a presentable model sitting there, demo model looks ugly and unrefined compared to Wii, and most importantly, unless they plan a 2011 release, Nintendo themselves would not be this far along in their development. Nintendo probably doesn't have a solid demo over a year from their target date, anything at this point is still subject to change.

I mean really, a 6 inch touchscreen makes a controller of that design 10 inches wide. Even for an American consumer that's a behemoth. Nintendo's primary demographic is Japanese, which is why their controllers typically are for smaller hands. They've made a lot of odd decisions, especially with controllers, but they aren't releasing anything that enormous. Either the screen is smaller or the layout is different. It will still be big, but more like n64 controller big, not full size keyboard big.

G

I heard that these rumors were based off 6 year old patents. I don't have any sources but yeah, this is really old stuff.

fracture

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
pffftt, I figured out how the screen on the controller is gonna be used already. They're gonna use it like the DS. Have like menu stuff on it so you can just tap switch weapon, tap to use potions, or have your map showinng on it.

G

The console looks like a turret out of Portal, is it a good idea to face it towards the crowd!?!

beavermml

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2010
well i kinda like the controller becoz it should really be useful in multiplayer games, imagine playing pokemon and the controller shows the pokemons u have, attacks and others instead other players also know if shown on the big screen...

eklipz330

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2008
[citation][nom]lpedraja2002[/nom]I Say fake. The controller is the exact mock up design that IGN made in their Project Cafe rumor preview.[/citation]
don't be so sure buddy. that mockup design has been everywhere, and it is probably going to be it. besides, videos like these are often released before time, so it's not unusual

i understand where you're coming from, but remember this: engadget's mockup of the XPERIA PLAY was in fact, VERY CLOSE to how the phone really looked. they may have actually seen it before hand

http://www.engadget.com/2010/08/11/exclusive-sony-ericsson-to-introduce-android-3-0-gaming-platfor/

nottheking

Distinguished
Jan 5, 2006
Setting does not match a conference room where an actual conference would take place: placement of counter, PC on the side, lighting conditions, and obvious slope deduced from the elevation and distance of the video-taker indicates that this is in a college-style lecture hall. It's worth noting that the lights in the room are yellow-hued ("warm") while actual conference centers tend to emphasize "warm" lighting more. (excepting general-purpose ballrooms, and this very obviously isn't a ballroom)

Also, the uploader said "video game editor" in the title frame, but later refers to them as a developer in the description. The lack of audio is most conspicuous as well. All told, it's either a class, or a student-organization meeting or other similar school-related event about discussing rumors. I don't think I need to repeat all the numbers I'd worked out (and others seem to have taken note of over the past months) in terms of the controller size and the screen...
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]don't be so sure buddy. that mockup design has been everywhere, and it is probably going to be it. besides, videos like these are often released before time, so it's not unusuali understand where you're coming from, but remember this: engadget's mockup of the XPERIA PLAY was in fact, VERY CLOSE to how the phone really looked. they may have actually seen it before hand[/citation]
And remember this: Nintendo gives out very, very little information. (case-in-point: while everyone repeats IGN's faked numbers on clock speed, does anyone know how many TMU's the Wii's GPU has?) Similarly, IGN had been at the forefront before E3 2006 (or was it 2005?) in declaring that the controller for it would be a giant touchscreen with no buttons. We saw how THAT turned out...

dimar

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2009
Nintendo had me with Wii; won't happen again. Played Mario and some sports games few times and not touching it any longer. They'd have to come with some powerful hardware that would securely crush the next generation consoles if they want my cash.

Status
Not open for further replies.