Solved! Videos & Games lag issue

Trayfist

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
I have a HP Pavillion DV6 laptop.

i5 2450M (2.5Ghz)
6GB RAM
Intel 3000 series (iGPU)
Radeon HD 7470M (Doesn't work, drivers give bsod.)

Laptop is 5 years old.
What is happening is that while watching Videos or Games the sound starts to go static and the Video or Game starts lagging.
While playing LoL the fps goes from 60 to 1-10 and takes around 15 minutes to fix.
Even while watching YT the sound starts to go static and the video just starts to lag.
And while opening the laptop an error comes (HP error 90b) that the fan isn't working properly, so it might be an overheating issue?
But the thing is, this wasn't an issue around a week ago, even though the fan error was there, there was no lag at that time.

Solution
It is a heat issue as it 94 is too hot for just being on idle. I would recommend cleaning the dust from the laptop and applying thermal paste again. Also you should check the programs that are installed on your hdd and get rid of the ones you don't need. Check what programs are running to make sure that nothing is running when it is not supposed to. Check you startup programs as well.
It is a heat issue as it 94 is too hot for just being on idle. I would recommend cleaning the dust from the laptop and applying thermal paste again. Also you should check the programs that are installed on your hdd and get rid of the ones you don't need. Check what programs are running to make sure that nothing is running when it is not supposed to. Check you startup programs as well.

Solution

Trayfist

Prominent
Jun 23, 2017
Mhm, the laptop while browsing reached the TJ max and overheat protection kicked in so the laptop shutdown, the problem is, my Father frequently works on the laptop and has important information stored on it, so disassembling it, cleaning it and re-applying the thermal paste would be a risky task.

TRENDING THREADS