View seperate browser windows on laptop and tv

linlorra

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
I have an hdmi cable from my laptop to my tv. What I would like to do is watch videos from one browser on the tv while accessing other websites with another browser on my laptop. Is this possible? I have tried everything I can find in the way of advice but haven't been able to accomplish this feat.

Solution
Yes, I do it all the time. To split a browser simply click the tab of the chosen window and drag it to the screen you want it on. An alternative is to install multiple web browsers and view one while browsing another.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
Yes, I do it all the time. To split a browser simply click the tab of the chosen window and drag it to the screen you want it on. An alternative is to install multiple web browsers and view one while browsing another.

Solution

linlorra

Estimable
Feb 11, 2015
Hi there, Well, try as I might, I can't see how to do this. How/where do I drag and drop anything? In All Control Panel Items > Display > Screen Resolution, I have configured for 2 monitors, #1 is my computer #2 is the TV. For: Multiple Displays I have set it to Show Desktop Only On 1. Could you provide any more detail? Thanks much.

pauls3743

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2011
You do it in the web browser itself. Simply click the browser tab and drag it to where you want it.

clicktab.png