Vintage Consule Needle Replacement

merber

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2011
Just bought a new vintage console and need to replace the needle. I called a bunch of places in chicago and they have all said that I need to order them online since it is an old system. I have tried searching online, but I don't know where to start and there are too many choices.

Here is my console:
http://furnishmevintage.com/livingroom/mid-century-modern-zenith-ml2670-stereo-console-phonograph/

Yes, I did buy it for looks, but I want to be able to use it on some old records (even if they wear out the records- I'm not playing any expensive/rare ones).

Can someone help me? This is the first time I am changing a record player needle and I thought the stores here in Chicago would be more helpful, but so far, nothing.

Thank you!

Meredith

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
If you can. Try and find the model number of the turntable in the console. Then you can do a search under that model for a stylus for the turntable.

ALso, Chicago probably has many places that sell used stereo equipment. I would try calling around first or visit a few. They may even have one in stock but the store will order one for you. You shouldn't have trouble find a stylus(needle) for the turntable.
You would be surprised how much of this stuff is still available.

Happy Listening, the Prisoner.

thee_prisoner

Distinguished
If you can. Try and find the model number of the turntable in the console. Then you can do a search under that model for a stylus for the turntable.

ALso, Chicago probably has many places that sell used stereo equipment. I would try calling around first or visit a few. They may even have one in stock but the store will order one for you. You shouldn't have trouble find a stylus(needle) for the turntable.
You would be surprised how much of this stuff is still available.

Happy Listening, the Prisoner.

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS