Vintage Marantz hook up

Hovsep_1

Prominent
May 26, 2017
Hi all,

I recently received a gift from my boss and i need you guys to help me out setting it up.

What i have is the following:
Marantz AVPM711
mordaunt-short MS20 (4 speakers, Bi wire)
mordaunt-short center speaker

the problem is i don't know where to hook it up on the amplifier there are several outputs and it's really confusing!

Help please!

Solution
The speakers position in the room determines which terminals they are connected to.
The left and right front speakers that would connect to the left and right speaker A terminals (the larger ones as kanewolf says). These go on both sides of the display. They can be separated wider apart than the screen. Will produce a wider soundstage if you can do this.
The two rear surround effects speakers to the smaller surround speaker terminals.
These usually go behind the seating position.
The center speaker which is usually below or above the TV to the center speaker terminals.
Always connect red to red and black to black. This maintains correct polarity so the speakers are in phase.
You will need to set up the receiver so the manual would...

kanewolf

Judicious
The pictures I see show the main front speakers on the large posts. The speakers may be bi-wire capable, but I would leave the shorting jumpers in place. The surround and center channel speakers use the much smaller push-in terminals above the main posts. I would ignore the bottom set of large posts.
1030700131387710096.jpg

The speakers position in the room determines which terminals they are connected to.
The left and right front speakers that would connect to the left and right speaker A terminals (the larger ones as kanewolf says). These go on both sides of the display. They can be separated wider apart than the screen. Will produce a wider soundstage if you can do this.
The two rear surround effects speakers to the smaller surround speaker terminals.
These usually go behind the seating position.
The center speaker which is usually below or above the TV to the center speaker terminals.
Always connect red to red and black to black. This maintains correct polarity so the speakers are in phase.
You will need to set up the receiver so the manual would help. Hope you got it.

Solution