Solved! Virtual Reality HELP

caboose123blue

Estimable
Nov 17, 2014
I was wondering if i would be able to run a htc vive with the current set up i have.
cpu: amd fx 8350 oc to 4.3 ghz with h100i v2 (might get a i7 7700k)
gpu: evga gtx 970 sc
ram: gskill ripjaw 2x4gb
storage: 2tb wd blue and kingston 500 gb ssd

I just wanna play vive games like rick and morty and HHH and job sim. I found a bundle that has an msi mobo, the i7 7700k and corsair vengence 2x8 ddr4 ram. I have $700 right now but cant decide because I would like to play vr asap.

Solution
You can run the Vive with your current setup.
But...
Oculus Rift is on-sale for $399 and Robo Recall will blow your mind as long as you use room scale tracking and stand to play/interact.
(I've played many VR games and so far none of them come close to Robo Recall's intense action, bullet dodging and robo ripping!)

Oculus has rick and morty and job sim... not sure what HHH is...

@Sakkura I've seen all that I mentioned except HHH listed right in the Oculus store. (But yes, also in Steam) Speaking of Steam I'm so excited for the Half-Life 2 VR Mod.

dark_lord69

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2006
You can run the Vive with your current setup.
But...
Oculus Rift is on-sale for $399 and Robo Recall will blow your mind as long as you use room scale tracking and stand to play/interact.
(I've played many VR games and so far none of them come close to Robo Recall's intense action, bullet dodging and robo ripping!)

Oculus has rick and morty and job sim... not sure what HHH is...

@Sakkura I've seen all that I mentioned except HHH listed right in the Oculus store. (But yes, also in Steam) Speaking of Steam I'm so excited for the Half-Life 2 VR Mod.

Solution

Sakkura

Distinguished
HHH = Hotdogs, horseshoes, and hand grenades.

The games you list are not Vive games, they're SteamVR games. That means they can run on both the Vive and the Rift. And since the Rift costs half as much but is at least as good, it's a much better deal at this point.

The Rift also runs better on weaker PC hardware because of the ASW feature.