Virus Detected by Malwarebytes

Jul 10, 2013
Hello
Last night I scanned my laptop with Malwarebytes and it had to viruses on there for 2 days. It was classified as Spyware.Passwords. I removed it last night. Could my personal information have been stolen like my eBay password? Did I have to log on to a site for it to steal it? I am in the process of changing all my passwords.

Thanks

LFAJames

Honorable
Sep 21, 2013
Well. Firstly do you save ANY passwords to your computer, E.G, facebook passwords Etc. Also have you ever OPENED the files that they were in.

AGx-07_162

Honorable
Sep 16, 2013

Without knowing more about the Virus itself, its certainly possible. I never take the names of these things at face value because it could have been doing a lot worse than what its name implies. Traditional Spyware would be watching and/or recording keystrokes as you log into these things. Changing your passwords is about the best thing you can do at this point, just to be safe. Browsers like Chrome suggest to save username and password data for quicker logins. While I'm sure this data is encrypted somehow, I cant help but assume that spyware would be after that stuff too.