Virus in yahoo

Megra01

Estimable
Oct 5, 2015
My mom uses yahoo mail on my computer.When I log on to her account it is fine,but when she tries to get into her mail it makes an alarm sound and says to call support 24/7 and a number.I assume this is a virus.
I have Norton anti virus and it is blocking something else while she sees this.I have run a virus scan and I also have a Mal wear removal program which I ran also..I am not sure what else to do?if I delete Yahoo off of my computer and re install will that help?

Solution
It is usually just an ad that makes noise. I have heard a couple ads make noise before; all I suggest is not clicking on the ad. :)

There is nothing to worry about, but if your browser has extensions, you can install a adblock-type of extension that blocks all ads. I am very fond of AdGuard, but it is not available on Firefox. The most popular adblock extension is Adblock Plus. :)

Gamer Cat

Estimable
May 11, 2015
It is usually just an ad that makes noise. I have heard a couple ads make noise before; all I suggest is not clicking on the ad. :)

There is nothing to worry about, but if your browser has extensions, you can install a adblock-type of extension that blocks all ads. I am very fond of AdGuard, but it is not available on Firefox. The most popular adblock extension is Adblock Plus. :)

Solution