Vitamin Water Offers USB Charging at Bus Stops

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

I foresee problems when someone enters the bus shelter and walks straight into the usb cable!

nebun

Distinguished
Oct 20, 2008
if they would develop better batteries we would not need to have a cable with us at all times...so much for technology...we have become slaves to our creations

spentshells

Distinguished
Apr 1, 2006
Mind you, users should always be careful about putting their plugs into unknown ports -- though the bus stop seems to be a fairly safe place to do it.

TOMS ARTICLE OF THE MONTH

G

But since you are supplying your own cord just use one without the data connections on it. Simple

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
What happens if someone takes a little bit of foil and glue and bridges the Power+ with the data+ connector so when someone connects their shiny iphone, they will see a pretty glow coming from the connector?

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Better battery would probably have you forget a cord for need later maybe. And as for the forsight of others, how can this be seen without being seen?

Stealing date , fake staions, how can this be known before known. But rather of course of anything different to say that there is anything of interest within the issues or issues to say of concern, might be something of placed thought for a place of it.

But like someone had said though, you could just have power cord, but at lose of data. And of such interests to say also, would wireless be of any?

But of any of those though at times, how busy would such stations rally be at times??
Could only like 4 charges but open for use at anytime, or more or less. And what about getting a drink? Don't lose your device!! Bus stop usually isn't the "quickest" of things to wait on.

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
Be open at anytime, not but open. As for say fighting for charge of devices, I don't know. Think getting on the bus might be more important at times.

As for R2D2, don't think used "USB" .

G

I can just see someone exploiting this so when you plug it in, it hacks your phone..... Scary stuff!
perhaps they could have it setup so the ports only have power and not the usb data/IO

I really do like the Idea though!, I hope it has multiple USB prorts. Or another Idea might be having AC outlets so no one gets hacked. those AC outlets could limit the AMPs so no one trys to charge or use anything huge or weird.

Marco925

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2008
Of course, the shelter just provides the USB port, so it's up to the person on-foot to bring his or her own USB cable. Mind you, users should always be careful about putting their plugs into unknown ports -- though the bus stop seems to be a fairly safe place to do it.

STDs for Phones now?

razor512

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2007
Imagine if they put one in NY, most people in my area get robbed for their sidekicks just be having them out in the open, imagine a iphone at a bus stop

I see a lot of people getting their phones stolen

K-zon

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2010
[citation][nom]razor512[/nom]Imagine if they put one in NY, most people in my area get robbed for their sidekicks just be having them out in the open, imagine a iphone at a bus stopI see a lot of people getting their phones stolen[/citation]

Least be a place for "Rent-a-Cops" to say. Everything else seems to trivia, Right?

Pyree

Distinguished
I know I am safe because my phone's data and power is separate. But I can see potential security issue with phones with combined data and power. Can someone confirm that these ports are power only (i.e. only pin 1 and 4 is wired)? It will make it almost impossible to hack because that means the hacker will have to physically add hardware to the port and I don't see how they can do that to a bus stop with everyone around.

Status
Not open for further replies.