Solved! Vive setup help / advice.

Bow2Deathwish

Commendable
Nov 17, 2016
Ok so here is my question. I have a small room. I need help/advice/options on where the best 2 places would be to put the Vive boxes in the room.

I don't really know the cone of detection each box has. how accurate they are or what the best thing I should do and what positions would provide the most/best advantages.

Youtube Video of area

Solution
If you aren't able to drill into your walls to mount the boxes, then use heavy duty velcro. You can find it at WalMart in 1.5" or 2" wide Stick the boxes up to the wall. Trust me, the wide velcro strips will hold 'em.
Even though your floor space is limited, you can still do room-scale VR. Even with your small footprint, it's still waaay better than seated VR.

Bah..these forums don't let me embed a picture.
Try this... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws1i11g6bk5p5nb/vive%20boxes.png?dl=0
Ideally, you'd need to figure out how to mount them so they are angled down about 30 degrees, but in that small space, they may still pick up the floor. Otherwise, just move 'em down your wall to where they are just above your head. If you can't...

Evolution2001

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2007
If you aren't able to drill into your walls to mount the boxes, then use heavy duty velcro. You can find it at WalMart in 1.5" or 2" wide Stick the boxes up to the wall. Trust me, the wide velcro strips will hold 'em.
Even though your floor space is limited, you can still do room-scale VR. Even with your small footprint, it's still waaay better than seated VR.

Bah..these forums don't let me embed a picture.
Try this... https://www.dropbox.com/s/ws1i11g6bk5p5nb/vive%20boxes.png?dl=0
Ideally, you'd need to figure out how to mount them so they are angled down about 30 degrees, but in that small space, they may still pick up the floor. Otherwise, just move 'em down your wall to where they are just above your head. If you can't mount them using the supplied mounts, that is the biggest factor you're going to have. If you can use the mounts, then you're golden. Just use the positions I mocked up in the pic. Room scale, albeit a bit smaller than ideal, will still work just fine.

Solution

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Click on the Polaroid/ Pic icon above the reply box. Paste an url that ends with bmp, png and jgp among a few others. I just removed ?dl=0.

aquielisunari

Distinguished

Click on the Polaroid/ Pic icon above the reply box. Paste an url that ends with bmp, png and jgp among a few others. I just removed ?dl=0.