vivitar less to nikon d5300

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterthewood

Commendable
May 16, 2016
can you fit a VIVITAR 80-200mm 1:4.0 MACRO FOCUSING ZOOM lens to a Nikon d5300, and if so what type of adaptor would i need. yours thankfully peter.

Solution
You can and no adapter is needed (so long as it is an f-mount lens); but I don't think you'd want to.
The lens is not very good optically. On the d5300 it would be manual focus only.
If the lens is not an f-mount, it won't work at all. No adapter would work to any reasonable degree of satisfaction. The lens was available in several mounts one of which was the Nikon f-mount.

If you want a cheap telephoto, I would instead suggest the dirt cheap (and very light weight) Nikon 55-200mm VR, it can be had on Amazon for around 80. (which is less than the price of most adapters)

bjornl

Estimable
You can and no adapter is needed (so long as it is an f-mount lens); but I don't think you'd want to.
The lens is not very good optically. On the d5300 it would be manual focus only.
If the lens is not an f-mount, it won't work at all. No adapter would work to any reasonable degree of satisfaction. The lens was available in several mounts one of which was the Nikon f-mount.

If you want a cheap telephoto, I would instead suggest the dirt cheap (and very light weight) Nikon 55-200mm VR, it can be had on Amazon for around 80. (which is less than the price of most adapters)

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.