Vivosmart HR accuracy

Julieplyler

Commendable
Jul 10, 2016
My vivosmart broke and Garmin is replacing it. While I'm waiting on it, I'm using Maymyrun to track my progress. However, I'm finding a large difference in the distance measure. Vivosmart has been tracking my route as 6 miles. Maymyrun is now showing 4.2 miles. I'm training for my first 10k and that difference is a major issue for distance training. Has anyone had this issue?

Solution

You'll want to make sure that the vivosmart has your correct information. Make sure that your height, weight, etc. is entered correctly. You can also further calibrate the vivosmart, which you can do through the Garmin Connect app. Go to Devices>User Settings>Custom Stride Length.

However, you should know that any device that doesn't have GPS won't be as...

mprospero

Senior Editor
Oct 4, 2013

You'll want to make sure that the vivosmart has your correct information. Make sure that your height, weight, etc. is entered correctly. You can also further calibrate the vivosmart, which you can do through the Garmin Connect app. Go to Devices>User Settings>Custom Stride Length.

However, you should know that any device that doesn't have GPS won't be as accurate as those that do, so if you're serious about running, I would suggest investing in a GPS watch.

That being said, if you can run 4.2 miles, you can do 6 easily. Good luck on your race!

Solution