Question Vizeo E65-E1

Oct 13, 2019
I have a Vizio E65-E1 65" Smart TV. It was given to me because they couldn't get it to work. They figured it was a power board issue, but didn't want to mess with it.

I tested the power board and it appeared to have voltage at all points. I ordered a new Power board because it wouldn't turn on at all, figured that was a good first step. Installed new power board and that didn't fix the issue. I then ordered a main board and I then had power through the tv. The standby light would come on and faze away and come back on a couple times doing the same cycle.

I let the TV sit for a couple weeks and started working on it again. Now the tv will turn on and display the Vizio logo and then turn back off. The standby light will stay lit for a while. A couple times I unplugged the tv and held the power button down for 30 seconds and plugged the tv back in. It would show the Vizio logo and then bring up a grey screen that was for remote setup. If I pressed any button the remote the tv shut down and the standby light stayed lit.

At this point that fact the TV turns on and everything appears to be working at one point. It appears it's getting power, video and the led lights all come on.

I'm at a loss and not sure what to look at next. Any help would be appreciated!

ASK THE COMMUNITY