Vizio 60": optical audio jack pulled out

Aug 29, 2018
Hello. When removing the optical audio cable from the back of the TV, I felt resistance. I tried to work it out, but the entire jack pulled out, still attached to the cable. The jack looks like a simple unit, but I cannot get it to set properly. I have tinkered with it, but cannot get a red light at the far end of the cable.
Thank you.

Solution
You may be able to fix it but I suspect you will need to get inside the TV and maybe remove the board that that the jack was mounted to. Since it's optical, not electrical, it may be just a matter of gluing the jack back in place, No wires to solder.
It really just directs the light and holds the cable. In this case it did that a bit too well.
You may be able to fix it but I suspect you will need to get inside the TV and maybe remove the board that that the jack was mounted to. Since it's optical, not electrical, it may be just a matter of gluing the jack back in place, No wires to solder.
It really just directs the light and holds the cable. In this case it did that a bit too well.

Solution