Vizio Beats Samsung, Sony as Top LCD TV Seller

Status
Not open for further replies.

dragonfang18

Distinguished
Apr 29, 2009
Vizio!!! Cant you just die already!!!
Saw A LOT of their TV's being returned in a line at Costco...
I still dont think they are reliable...

Pei-chen

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2007
Go for Toshiba, SONY, Panasonic and MITSUBISHI if you want quality, LG and Samsung if you want the same features but hushed design. Any other brand is pure trash.

danimal_the_animal

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2006
[citation][nom]thundercleese[/nom]Walmart sells Vizio, but it's not "their" brand.[/citation]

YOU THINK??? that means the you haven't a CLUE!

have your ducks in a row before you make a totally useless post!!!!!

christop

Distinguished
Sep 30, 2008
JEEZ TRY TO BE COOL!! I didn't know you were the guru of all knowing. Some people on here are vipers for no reason at all.. AND THAT IS DIRECTED TO YOU DANIMAL LECTOR.... so RELAX IT WAS JUST A POST NO BIG DEAL.....

Windaria

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2001
danimal, you need a clue. Their statement was correct, walmart sells Vizio, but it's not their brand. It's a true statement, as true as 'walmart sells sony, but it's not their brand'. Costco also sells vizio. Amazon, compusa, and buy.com also carry vizio.

Vizio is a more price-conscious brand that targeted mass-market resellers (not necessarily big box stores, as it were, but VERY big box stores, so Costco or Walmart vs Best Buy, and online retailers.

They started out very low cost, but their quality is improving. After all, they put VERY little into advertising, so their margins, while slimmer, has less going toward those type of costs, and more to making a good product. Are they a Sony? No, but I've heard good things about them for some time. You'll note they tend to rate well on Amazon, for instance.

They're just relatively stable. As for why there are units being returned at Costco? It's because they basically own Costco's LCD HDTV sales, and that is their single largest retail channel. So, largest retail channel of the largest seller in the US... yeah, that's where you'll see them.

But no, calling them a walmart brand, and then chiding another person with "get a clue", only shows militant ignorance on your part.

invlem

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2008
I bought a 42" Vizio a year ago and I'll say I'm impressed.

Picture quality is on par with the 'brand names' though I'll admit the feature list is pretty barebones but really I use it to watch blu-rays and tv.

I don't need all the fancy filler that the others put into their HDTVs, and thats where Vizio shines, its got a solid performing LCD panel at a reasonable price and thats all many of us need.

cletus_slackjawd

Distinguished
Dec 26, 2006
I hear nothing but positives from friend who own Vizio HDTV. Samsung is really good now maybe but I bought a very early version Samsung 1080i CRT 32" with DVI interface and it kinda sucks. I am typing this on a Samsung SyncMaster 2253bw and I really like it. Point: Brand is not everything. I remember when Toyotas were considered bottom line trash.

cl_spdhax1

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
don't forget to buy that 100+ monster hdmi cable to go with your bigger brand name lcd. while everyone else (including the cnet staffs) uses more sensible cables from sources like monoprice.

SpadeM

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2009
Being a small company Vizion doesn't produce it's own panels so they have to buy them from Samsung, LG/Philips or a couple others. And so $$ still flows towards samsung's say. No loss there

Status
Not open for further replies.