Vizio Soundbar Connect/Receiver

cain2

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
I have a Vizio VHT215 Soundbar w/wireless subwoofer (originally purchased for the TV). Just bought the outstanding Yahama V681 Receiver & Polk T50 speakers for music. Was trying to figure out how to use/connect the Vizio soundbar to the Receiver to act as the "center" speaker. Can & how would I do this? Thanks!

Solution
If you connect a speaker to line level converter
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
to the center channel speaker terminals of the receiver (both channels of the converter to the same two terminals) and connect that to the analog input of the soundbar you could use it as a center channel. It may not work well but if you already have the soundbar the converter is cheap enough.
If you don't already own it buy the correct matching Polk center instead. It will sound much better.
The Polk towers probably have more and better bass than the soundbar sub so set the front L/R to large and the center to small.

cain2

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
MERGED QUESTION
Question from cain2 : "Vizio Soundbar Connect to Yamaha Receiver?"

I am installing a new stereo system w/Yamaha V681 Receiver, Polk T50 Speakers Etc.

If you connect a speaker to line level converter
https://www.crutchfield.com/p_142LOC80/Scosche-LOC80.html
to the center channel speaker terminals of the receiver (both channels of the converter to the same two terminals) and connect that to the analog input of the soundbar you could use it as a center channel. It may not work well but if you already have the soundbar the converter is cheap enough.
If you don't already own it buy the correct matching Polk center instead. It will sound much better.
The Polk towers probably have more and better bass than the soundbar sub so set the front L/R to large and the center to small.

Solution

cain2

Prominent
Jan 10, 2018
americanaudiophile..........Thanks much for your answer, and you are absolutely correct. I went back to connecting the Vizio soundbar to my Panasonic TV (which is what it was made for); and have a Polk T30 Center speaker on order. Everything is working fine now. BTW....the Yamaha V681 Receiver is just plain awesome.