Feb 16, 2018
I recently replaced our bedroom TV with a Vizio 32 inch model. It was rated higher than most of the others and seemed good for the price. Setup was easy, and resolution was great. However... No matter how I set the aspect ratio, it still looks distorted. Either the people on screen look 4 feet tall or too much is cut off. My wife collects older TV shows on DVD. The TV can't figure out what to do with these 4:3 TV shows. Letterbox would be fine. Even 16:9 HD content seems stretched or compressed, no matter which built-in aspect ratio we try. By comparison, our Samsung in the den adapts between formats, and never looks distorted. Any suggestions (other than the obvious ditch the Vizio)?

aquielisunari

Distinguished

And the Samsung in the den works fine with that DVD player with the same HDMI cable?

I see you say it does but you didn't specify if you were using the same hardware with both TVs.

Feb 16, 2018

We're using Samsung Blu-Ray players with HDMI cable in both rooms. The Blu-Ray player in the bedroom used to be hooked up in the den. It did work with the Samsung TV previously. Sounds like I should look at the Blu-Ray player's settings?