Vizio TV - No Power

ChaseBank

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
Hello!

I have a Vizio LED tv that won't turn on. No signs of any issues were noticed before it randomly wouldn't turn on one morning.

When the power button is pressed, nothing happens. No noise, no picture, and the power indicator light in the front does not turn on. One interesting thing, is I have a Chromecast plugged into the USB port, and it's power indicator is on. So power is still reaching the motherboard.

I watched a few YouTube videos and saw quite a few power related issues showing obvious failure on the boards with scorch marks and such, but after looking closely at both boards, nothing obvious stands out.

I was hoping it was the fuse, but If I remove it, the Chromecast light shuts off. Put it back in, and the Chromecast gets power again. So I assume the fuse is good.

Model # E461-A1

Any ideas?

Thanks!

ChaseBank

Estimable
Aug 15, 2015
New clue: I've just noticed that the optical output, located just below the USB port, does NOT appear to be working. There's no light coming out of the other end.

Even though a Chromecast plugged into that USB port is still getting power.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
M Streaming Video & TVs 1
I Streaming Video & TVs 1
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
D Streaming Video & TVs 2
S Streaming Video & TVs 2
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
A Streaming Video & TVs 1
D Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 1
J Streaming Video & TVs 3
K Streaming Video & TVs 2