Vizio TV, Samsung Soundbar and ARC

mwelicka

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have a Vizio m75-c1 and just bought the Samsung ms750 soundbar. I am going to connect a DirectTV dvr and a blu-ray player. Both TV and soundbar support ARC. What would be the best way to connect everything?

I've tried connecting the dvr and blu-ray to the soundbar then connected the soundbar to the tv via hdmi-arc but it isn't working. I enabled CEC in settings.

What am I missing?

ARC only works with sources connected to the TV, the built in tuner, or smart apps.
If you connect the DTV box and BD player to the soundbar then you don't need ARC to get the audio from those to the soundbar. Turn ARC off in the TV if these are your only sources and select the source with the soundbar remote.
I would connect the DTV box and BD player directly to the TV with HDMI. I could then use the HDMI-ARC or the optical audio output of the TV for the soundbar.
You usually need to turn ARC or the optical output on in the TV menu.

mwelicka

Prominent
Sep 18, 2017
I have it set up and working with DVR and Blu-Ray connected to the soundbar but now I have an intermittent handshake issue. About every 10-15 minutes the screen goes blank for about 5 seconds. It happens with both devices.