Solved! VLC on Android TV, Folder and File display

Status
Not open for further replies.

Henderson

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I let VLC update recently to 3.2.7 on my Sony 43X720E, but the new version lists folders and files in a very annoying way. First the folders are listed under each letter. Then the alphabet starts again listing all the single files only. So for instance all the movies starting with A are no longer together, you have to do a lot of scrolling to find them all.

I'm sure I must be missing some hidden setting somewhere that I haven't been able to find yet so each letter has all the folders and files under it instead of in 2 places. At least I'm hoping it's something I've missed.

And in case that's a new "feature" that's here to stay... is there an easy way to downgrade VLC? Or must it first be deleted and lose all your settings?

Thanks for any help with this, it's driving me crazy, but I really don't want to give up VLC. I love it except for this new display.

Henderson

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
That option is "Group videos by name" and the only thing you can change there is "Number of characters used to group by name". The default is set to 6, but there's nothing else in that setting that you can change. So it really changes nothing about the folder/file groupings.

Henderson

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
No. When you click on "Group videos by name", the only thing that pops up is the area to change to number of characters used to sort as I said above.

If you're seeing that option anywhere, please let me know where. It's not in any setting that I can see.

Henderson

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
That video shows version 3.2.3, where you can see around 3:06 that folders are files are mixed together. That's no longer the case with 3.2.7.

I'm going to wait and see what the next upgrade will be like before I downgrade. I did find an old version that is before the sorting changes. I didn't want to have to uninstall and redo all my settings and add servers twice, so that's the only reason I'll wait for the next update first.

Henderson

Distinguished
Jan 8, 2010
I ended up going back to 3.1.7 to get folders and files to show together. I tried 3.2.3 first, but had the same issue where folders only were listed A-Z, and then the files restarted the alphabet over again with another set of A-Z. I've set Google to not auto update apps for now. So for now, I'm happy again with it.

Reactions: helpstar
Status
Not open for further replies.