VOTD: Incredible Full CG Vid Looks Like Real Life

Status
Not open for further replies.

Socnom

Distinguished
Aug 28, 2008
[citation][nom]JeBuSBrian[/nom]Shouldn't it be "video of the week" then?[/citation]
That is too much logic for Toms.
It would be nice to know what software or combination of software he used for this.

G

Amazing video. Not to nit pick, but I think the wind turbines rotate in the wrong direction.

G

That was fantastic! :D

Wonder how much processing power it took to do this?

JMcEntegart

Splendid
Aug 25, 2007
[citation][nom]JeBuSBrian[/nom]Shouldn't it be "video of the week" then?[/citation]

Video of the day gives us a little leeway to post more than one some weeks. :) You'll notice Question of the Day isn't a daily occurrence either.

volks1470

Distinguished
May 20, 2009
[citation][nom]frozenlead[/nom]Is it just me, or do some of the objects shown look disproportionate? The chairs and books look like miniature models rather than real-life objects. To me, at least.[/citation]

I thought that same thing, the books for the most part looked very much like miniatures.

israil

Distinguished
Oct 19, 2007
I was waiting for there to be a scene of a well with a creepy long haired girl crawling out of it at the end.

Grims

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2008
[citation][nom]JMcEntegart[/nom]Video of the day gives us a little leeway to post more than one some weeks. You'll notice Question of the Day isn't a daily occurrence either.[/citation]

Well, what if you want to post more than one video one day? Video of the Hour give you even more leeway :)

rajangel

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2009
for those who wonder why games dont have this... take a second and think about it.

some cg frames cant take minutes up to hours to produce a single one. that is in movies and films. in a game you produce 60 a second. in crisis most graphic cards cant handle over 30. im sure you can do the math to figure out how much more powerful a 5890 would have to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.