VOTW: A Dual-screen Folding Smartphone Tablet

Status
Not open for further replies.

afrobacon

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2008
I was just thinking of switching to Sprint for the Kyocera Echo (and the cheaper pricing.) But since the specs on this thing already look better I might have to wait.

jimmysmitty

Distinguished
Oct 5, 2007
[citation][nom]vistaofdoom[/nom]is it me or i saw some slowdowns here and there during the demo? That iss pretty bad if you are showcasing....[/citation]

Thats more software than hardware. I have played some games that are not very demanding on my Android phone that get some slowdown yet I played a 3D MMORPG for Android and it never hiccuped.

The idea is solid but I am afraid of messing up the other screen.

G

Angry birds, Web surfing and a movie at the same time? Not a good idea.

Looks clunky to me. A lot of owners are gonna accidentally break that in half I think.

anthonyla65

Distinguished
Jun 6, 2010
Its kinda weird imo, when folded you'd be worried about scratching the back screen. And it'll be weird on choosing what screen to use. Multitasking on 2 screen doesn't always work, its kinda like having 2 monitors on a PC, I'd much prefer 1 big one. I mean you ain't gonna read the news whilst playing angry birds, and the screen there would just be wasting power. Interesting concept but might need abit more thought imo.

fstrthnu

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
Hmm, so basically 2 smarrtphones put together. No thanks. (maybe if it was 2 7" or 8" screens, but 4" is just not worth it)

stonedatheist

Distinguished
May 13, 2010
[citation][nom]fstrthnu[/nom]Hmm, so basically 2 smarrtphones put together. No thanks. (maybe if it was 2 7" or 8" screens, but 4" is just not worth it)[/citation]

LMAO good luck carrying that "phone" with you in your pocket

ionut19

Distinguished
Oct 31, 2008
Interesting but still the thickness must be a disadvantage for this phone. Still having the better SUPER AMOLED screen he he..

I wonder if it will catch on.

alidan

Distinguished
Aug 5, 2009
i love the clam shell desighn, wish all smartphones did this... how can you go around with a phone in your pocket with an exposed screen like the one on iphone?

amd my psp1000 fits damn good in my pockets, 2 iphones are thinner than that, so 1.5 is just fine.

c4v3man

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2009
I could have sworn LG or some other smaller android player came out with a dual screen phone exactly like this last year. I'm not really concerned about multi-tasking... stock android does fine with that. What's I'd want it for would be to browse the web across both screens so it would act like a large screen, and also for RDP/VNC usage. Being able to remote into a server for work using Pocketcloud on a 800x960 screen that large would be pretty sweet.

Personally I'd rather have it be 2x as deep as an iphone4, and have 2500+mah standard, but I guess people only care about dimensions instead of battery life.

Status
Not open for further replies.