Voyo tablet not responding to touch and can't restart

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 9, 2018
My tablet's screen stopped responding to touch yesterday. It only has on-screen home and back buttons (since no touch is being registered on the screen I can't use them) and in my attempt to restart it yesterday I accidentally double pressed the lock button, opening the camera app.

I have attempted holding down the lock and volume up, down, both buttons to restart it but all I've ended up with is random photos being taken. Holding down the lock button on its own will result in the power off/reboot menu showing up on screen but touching it also does nothing. No matter how long I hold any of the buttons/button combinations for it does not restart.

I can still change the volume, take screenshots and photos, and turn the screen on and off (I don't have any security on it so the only thing I get on screen is the camera, no lockscreen).

I'm not sure what else I can try, aside from waiting for the battery to die and hoping it will work again after charging?

I've never dropped it, although it has slipped on my desk a few times when I haven't seated it in its stand properly? The problem could have been caused by the splashtop wired display app, but I wasn't actively using it at the time that it stopped responding.

It's a Voyo Q101 tablet, which might speak to why I'm having a problem?

Jul 23, 2018

Will reseting the tablet not remove all your personal files and pictures from the tablets?

Status
Not open for further replies.