Arun05

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013
What are the graphic card that enables VR in AMD and nvidia and why can't most AMD cards can't perform as good as nvidia cards even with big numbers on specs

AMD are like android devices which has tons of everything but not so good at performance
nvidia are like iOS devices with less than half the resources of android devices but performs twice as good as android

and also I had seen a lot of videos on youtube that AMD cpus are also too weak even with multiple cores and high clock speeds than a basic i3

Solution
Depends in which games. Despite having upgraded their DX12 support, nVidia still isn't faster than AMD who's 3 year old recycled cards still beat any nVidia in async computing. Also, here in Croatia the 1060 costs almost 2/3 of a 480's price. Also, not to forget that it's actually because the RX's price used to be far lower. Now that they are all sold out, resellers try to keep their stock filled with at least a few of these cards, in hope that an AMD fan buys one of them for an absurd price.

nooneisback

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
AMD GPUs are just as powerful as nVidia GPUs when comparing prices, it's more about developer support from here. EA supports AMD, while dev teams like 4A are more nVidia friendly. AMD has easier to use multi display setup (at least it had last time I checked), but produces more heat due to a larger production process (nVidia's circuits are thinner). Android and iOS are a different story. Android supports a wide range of different devices, while iOS is supported only on Apple's devices which simplifies "polishing" drastically.

Also, AMD has better compute power and pixel calculation abilities, which is why their theoretical physics acceleration abilities are higher and they usually get higher performance at higher resolutions.

When it comes to CPUs it's actually really simple, all AMD CPUs that appeared until now used cluster cumputing, which means that they have multiple weaker cores. This brings different opinions and performance in, at first glance, similar situations. 8 core AMDs are comparable to Haswell i7s in multicore situations, but are as weak as i3s in single core cases.

Arun05

Honorable
Oct 20, 2013

Here in my region(India) an RX480 Costs 28000($420) and a GTX 1060 3GB costs 18500($280) but he GTX1060 has much more better performance in most of the benchmarks and higher FPS in all games.
So I thought AMD GPUs aren't worth the cost spent
what are your thoguhts about that

nooneisback

Estimable
Jun 14, 2014
Depends in which games. Despite having upgraded their DX12 support, nVidia still isn't faster than AMD who's 3 year old recycled cards still beat any nVidia in async computing. Also, here in Croatia the 1060 costs almost 2/3 of a 480's price. Also, not to forget that it's actually because the RX's price used to be far lower. Now that they are all sold out, resellers try to keep their stock filled with at least a few of these cards, in hope that an AMD fan buys one of them for an absurd price.

Solution