Vr games on pc possible ??

Ashish_24

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016
okay guys i am here to ask what vr gaming is and how it can be playable on pc, will it need special games or can also b playable on regular games please anyone briefly explain abt vr and games on it and will it worth the cost ??

Solution
A good PC VR gaming experience, including the HMD (head mounted display) and the full PC build is going to be in the $1500 range to start.

Games, like on Steam for instance, will indicate whether they have VR support or not. The Oculus store, of course, is for the Rift HMD and are all VR experiences. While there are ways to take games that don't have VR support and run them (VorpX is one), these are generally not ideal solutions.....or take a bit of tinkering to get running smoothly (but again, they will never be as good as native VR support).

Is it worth the cost? Depends on you....PC's are the very best platform to experience VR on (leaps and bounds better than any mobile you've happened to try yet, and certainly will blow PSVR out...

dragonoar

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016
VR is just a term for things like Oculus Rift, HTC Vive, Cardboard etc
Ofc you can play on PC. right now games such as project cars, dirt rally already has VR.
However, the HTC itself costs 799$ and to play in VR you need a powerful CPU and GPU.

Geekwad

Estimable
Sep 25, 2015
A good PC VR gaming experience, including the HMD (head mounted display) and the full PC build is going to be in the $1500 range to start.

Games, like on Steam for instance, will indicate whether they have VR support or not. The Oculus store, of course, is for the Rift HMD and are all VR experiences. While there are ways to take games that don't have VR support and run them (VorpX is one), these are generally not ideal solutions.....or take a bit of tinkering to get running smoothly (but again, they will never be as good as native VR support).

Is it worth the cost? Depends on you....PC's are the very best platform to experience VR on (leaps and bounds better than any mobile you've happened to try yet, and certainly will blow PSVR out of the water) but not for everyone.

Solution

Ashish_24

Commendable
Apr 4, 2016

I got i5 4690 4th gen n r9 270x or it can also be used for movies tv shows ??

dragonoar

Commendable
Jun 30, 2016

I don't know about the precise hardware requirements for VR but they said RX 480 / GTX 970 is the minimum.
And since the head display itself is so expensive I'd stay away from VR and even then I have a VR ready 1070.