Vuze calls FCC to Probe Cox's Net Traffic Wrangling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blessedman

Distinguished
May 29, 2001
This would be like the gas company telling you that the reason you aren't getting as much gas as you used to is because we have throttled the pipes. They run through a bad part of town and we fear that its possible that some people may be sifting gas off these pipes. (using another situation currently going on as example) This practice is illegal, the providers are basically saying that they have over sold the amount of bandwidth they can currently provide so they are having to come up with methods to ensure everyone gets their "share" of the existing bandwidth. Instead of spending this money where it should be going and that is improving the infrastructure of their existing networks. This is a direct result of anti-trust laws not being pushed to their fullest extent. If there were 10 people in your area providing some sort of in home broadband, we would already be at 100Mb/s for $59.99 with no caps. I love how only certain laws only apply to certain people.

Christopher1

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2006
Blessedman... you have it exactly right. The fact is that in many areas Cox, Comcast, etc. have oversold their lines and are not upgrading like they should have been.
It's also true that this is a direct result of little to no competition and antitrust laws not being properly used.
Unfortunately, most of our elected official are too stupid to realize this or are actively on the take from these companies in some fashion.

G

Well, its now 2011 and Cox still have not fixed the problem. We pay $90 a month for the 'best' high speed internet and STILL they cannot deliver Vuze. Disgusting. I do not think that after 2 years its a bandwidth problem, I believe it is intentional - they want us to buy their service, not get what we want via internet... some things just never change.

Status
Not open for further replies.