W10 64 bit user looking for recommended app for remote control

rocks911

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010
I am about to retire soon and will be on the road traveling quite a bit. I will have a need to access my W10 64bit PC while on the road. At least to wake it for PLEX access, but Ill need access for any number of reasons other than PLEX/waking the PC.

Im not sure that the app/program needs to be Windows, I might be more apt to have an iPad or a cell phone running Chrome OS
What would you suggest?

Solution
TeamViewer is considered one of the easiest to use. Install it on your home PC as "service", put strong password. Install (or just run) it on your "travel" computer, enter Partner ID / Password, and you're done.

Edit: Just saw you're mentioning iPad, CHromeOS. Your mileage might vary.

As for waking your PC if it is in sleep mode - that's totally different game. Not all routers can send remote wake-up signals, and not all PCs can react to it. I would rather install a remote-controlled power outlet where the PC is connected.
TeamViewer is considered one of the easiest to use. Install it on your home PC as "service", put strong password. Install (or just run) it on your "travel" computer, enter Partner ID / Password, and you're done.

Edit: Just saw you're mentioning iPad, CHromeOS. Your mileage might vary.

As for waking your PC if it is in sleep mode - that's totally different game. Not all routers can send remote wake-up signals, and not all PCs can react to it. I would rather install a remote-controlled power outlet where the PC is connected.

Solution

rocks911

Distinguished
Jul 8, 2010

Thanks for the recommendation, it worked like a charm