Solved! Wake up screen laptop from sleep mode

Apr 21, 2019
Hi, I want to know is it possible to wake up the laptop screen from sleep mode without moving the mouse or press any button from the keyboard? My laptop does not have any problem waking up from sleep mode. However, I just want to know when the laptop waking up from sleep mode, can the screen also wake up and log in to the desktop automatically? Can anyone help? I'm using window 10 Pro.

Solution
I am assuming then that the the laptop is open at the time then? I don't know of a way to wake the display without touching a key or mouse. At least while all items there are things that were already open.

Well unless, have you checked the settings in "Control Panel" then "Power Options". Click on "Change plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings". Scroll down to "Sleep" and check all the settings in there. Including the hibernate ones. If it is possible it would be there, or under "Display".

Additionally, have you tried setting up something specific to display? Like say a timer program or other program that will launch? This should then wake the display.

I have used this one before...http://free-countdown-timer.com/...
You say you want the display to wake when the laptop wakes, but how then are you waking the laptop if not touching anything? When you touch something to wake the computer, the display should also wake.

Now the log in thing, that is separate. If yours is set to require say a password to log in, then you will have to either enter it on your own, or remove the log in requirement.

Now if you are referring to something else, please do let us know.

Apr 21, 2019
You say you want the display to wake when the laptop wakes, but how then are you waking the laptop if not touching anything? When you touch something to wake the computer, the display should also wake.

Now the log in thing, that is separate. If yours is set to require say a password to log in, then you will have to either enter it on your own, or remove the log in requirement.

Now if you are referring to something else, please do let us know.

Thanks for your reply, I have tried using task scheduler to make my laptop wake up and run a certain application. The task scheduler works and runs the application but the display does not wake up unless I move my mouse. I also have disabled the password to log in. So, I want to know is the display only wake when you touch or move something like the mouse? I just want to confirm is it possible to make the display wake automatically or not.

Regards.

I am assuming then that the the laptop is open at the time then? I don't know of a way to wake the display without touching a key or mouse. At least while all items there are things that were already open.

Well unless, have you checked the settings in "Control Panel" then "Power Options". Click on "Change plan settings" and then "Change advanced power settings". Scroll down to "Sleep" and check all the settings in there. Including the hibernate ones. If it is possible it would be there, or under "Display".

Additionally, have you tried setting up something specific to display? Like say a timer program or other program that will launch? This should then wake the display.

I have used this one before...http://free-countdown-timer.com/ simple but helpful little program. Or something similar. Since it will popup on the screen when it goes off, then it should start the display.

Solution
Apr 21, 2019

I have used this one before...http://free-countdown-timer.com/ simple but helpful little program. Or something similar. Since it will popup on the screen when it goes off, then it should start the display.

Thank you very much, I have tried the countdown timer that you give and its work.