Wal-Mart Readies "thousands" of Wiis

Status
Not open for further replies.

radguy

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]Your kidding right some people will pay up to $458 for a Wii that is a Wee bit crazy I think. For that kind of money you could get a real console that would give great game play & the graphics to go with it & look good on that big screen HDTV also. I guess there are a lot of suckers in the world & a s long as they are willing to pay this crazy price for such low end equipment why would the big N ever want to lower the price.[/citation]
A 250 dollar console box
90 dollar wii fit
50 dollar wii fit accessory kit
40 dollar remote
20 dollar numbchuck
50 dollar game
plus some other accessory for 458 doesn't seem like that bad of deal. I agree that its an overpriced console but in this package you get to choose the game. They basically threw in the fit kit thing as a bonus for buying it all at once. Not that bad of a deal.

chookman

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
[citation][nom]rocky1234[/nom]Your kidding right some people will pay up to $458 for a Wii that is a Wee bit crazy I think. For that kind of money you could get a real console that would give great game play & the graphics to go with it & look good on that big screen HDTV also. I guess there are a lot of suckers in the world & a s long as they are willing to pay this crazy price for such low end equipment why would the big N ever want to lower the price.[/citation]

A real console? The reason i bought my Wii was because of the ingenuity and the entertainment value. We have previously owned Xbox and Xbox360 and i found them to be hopeless. The games didnt appeal to me the controllers are clumsy and bulky and didn't live up to the "extra" features that they supposedly provided.

Seems people have forgotten that a great game is not made of graphics looks alone. A TRUELY great game is about the gameplay and Nintendo i believe have come up with something great with this latest offering. I still find myself trying to play Super Mario (and kart) in emulation for from the SNES or playing older PC games (recently finishing starcraft again) because these are great games not the releases today that focus on artwork and looks rather than the game actually playing well...

timaahhh

Distinguished
Nov 5, 2007
Got my bro a 360 for $299 60 GB which came with Kung Fu Panda, and Lego Indiana Jones (supposed to actually be good). Even better it game with at $60 target card! So really its like we got it for just about $250 after tax :D. 360 is getting to be a steal.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]chookman[/nom]people have forgotten that a great game is not made of graphics looks alone.[/citation]
Oh yeah, graphics are the only thing that improve with high processing power. Physics, AI, Interaction with the enviroment, none of those improve with higher processing power[/sarcasm]

I am far from a graphics whore, but every time processing power increases I am extremely happy. In fact, it would stated during the development of DMC4 that last generation consoles and the Wii simply didn't have the processing power to have the new Abilities Nero brings to the series.

[citation][nom]chookman[/nom]A TRUELY great game is about the gameplay and Nintendo i believe have come up with something great with this latest offering. I still find myself trying to play Super Mario (and kart) in emulation for from the SNES or playing older PC games (recently finishing starcraft again) because these are great games not the releases today that focus on artwork and looks rather than the game actually playing well...[/citation]
The Wii is plaguing gaming with its abundance of glorified minigame collections, that make millions of dollars from ignorant 'gamers'. As much as it's a necessary evil, we may see end up seeing all the next generation console underpowered, with crappy games devoid of story a character development because of the sheer number of ignorant people that will buy anything with bright colors.

The Wii is a novelty device, not a gaming console.

[citation][nom]timaahhh[/nom]Got my bro a 360 for $299 60 GB which came with Kung Fu Panda, and Lego Indiana Jones (supposed to actually be good). Even better it game with at $60 target card! So really its like we got it for just about $250 after tax . 360 is getting to be a steal.[/citation]
I hope that it wasn't the arcade edition for your sake. Otherwise you just bought a crippled console that you'll have to spend even more money on, just to get it to do the things it advertises.

cl_spdhax1

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2008
[citation][nom]Tindytim[/nom]Oh yeah, graphics are the only thing that improve with high processing power. Physics, AI, Interaction with the enviroment, none of those improve with higher processing power[/sarcasm]I am far from a graphics whore...[/citation]

I'm 99.9% sure that you don't sure that you don't have friends.

Tindytim

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2008
[citation][nom]cl_spdhax1[/nom]I'm 99.9% sure that you don't sure that you don't have friends.[/citation]
And I care about what you think why?

It's rather immature to vilify when you don't have any good arguments. So I'll make a little deal with you, you make a valid argument, and I'll pretend you didn't get your feelings hurt like a Wiitard.

Status
Not open for further replies.