Walmart Killing Off MP3 Download Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soma42

Distinguished
Aug 11, 2010
Not that I shop regularly at Walmart, but I still had no idea they even offered downloads...

Bad marketing maybe?

offerings12

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
great service that was overlooked.. I used it all the time because you could get the cheapest prices from their download servers. some songs were $0.55 . too bad...

figgus

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2010
[citation][nom]Soma42[/nom]Not that I shop regularly at Walmart, but I still had no idea they even offered downloads... Bad marketing maybe?[/citation]

Pretty much this. I wonder how much of their customers even knew it was an option?

MxM

Distinguished
May 23, 2005
[citation][nom]offerings12[/nom]great service that was overlooked.. I used it all the time because you could get the cheapest prices from their download servers. some songs were $0.55 . too bad...[/citation]
Well, that's because they were trying to get more dominating position. If they were to succeed, I am more or less sure that they would have the same prices (or just a bit lower) as iTunes.

bildo123

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
[citation][nom]figgus[/nom]Pretty much this. I wonder how much of their customers even knew it was an option?[/citation]

In the 8 years it's been around I never even knew it existed until now. I don't exactly live under a rock either but jeez.

G

I remember seeing it when it first came out, but like most of you, I had no idea they still offered it, and I browse their website fairly often.

G

Who wants to pay more than 50¢ per song anyways? Most CD's are like $7 or less anymore anyways. Lemme guess, you all also didnt know that walmart has a streaming video service also? Its called VUDU. Its also a bit overpriced compared to redbox

G

Yup used to use Walmart music because it was the cheapest and you can download the music to your HDD. What kind of music you buy today? Crap, thats what.
Also you can listen to just about any song for free now a days.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]a-nano-moose[/nom]I hate it when they stop something that I rely on. I refuse to use Apple. I get all my music from Walmart mp3 downloads.[/citation]
Try Rhapsody instead.

wiyosaya

Distinguished
Apr 12, 2006
[citation][nom]Soma42[/nom]Not that I shop regularly at Walmart, but I still had no idea they even offered downloads... Bad marketing maybe?[/citation]
Me neither.

G

I work at walmart, and even internaly they never promoted this service much at all. It had been planned at one time to have a kiosk set up where people could bring in their MP3 player and download right in store, or make a custom CD. That never materialized though. But this like our post-paid cell phone section is never advertised. (The part I work in.)

Status
Not open for further replies.