News Walmart Plus launches today — here's everything you need to know

mejustsayin

Commendable
Oct 11, 2020
It's been just over a month since it was introduced. Anyone here using Walmart Plus? I did a 30 day free trial but forgot to cancel. Got my dates wrong so now I am stuck with it for a year. Oh well, at least gas is cheaper, though I have to drive to another town and can get out of the store a bit faster. Maybe they will add more features making it worth it.

Nov 3, 2021
Walmart recently made all soft drinks unavailable for grocery delivery. You are still required to buy at least $35 worth of grocery, so this is a real bummer.

Nov 29, 2021
My experience with Walmart’s online ordering is that it has been slow and the inventory count isn’t accurate. Items sometimes remain in “processing” status well past the projected delivery date. Sometimes they cancel orders without explanation. One order I had was for four items. They cancelled the order and refunded me for one. Customer service told me to please wait 24 hour for the remainder of the refund. 24 hours past, no refund. Then an apology and an assurance of a refund in 48 hours. Didn’t happen. They refunded but only after multiple sessions with a CSR. Amazon is better at delivering goods and the few issues I’ve had over years were quickly made right. Competition is good and I hope Walmart improves. But as it is now I’m not likely to renew my + account.

Wastrel

Prominent
Dec 2, 2021
It's been just over a month since it was introduced. Anyone here using Walmart Plus? I did a 30 day free trial but forgot to cancel. Got my dates wrong so now I am stuck with it for a year. Oh well, at least gas is cheaper, though I have to drive to another town and can get out of the store a bit faster. Maybe they will add more features making it worth it.

Don't sign up for Walmart+. I did it by accident (I don't know how, but they make it hard to avoid), and after 15 days they billed me $98 for an annual membership. I have canceled that (the Walmart online rep was very helpful) but I am in doubt about ordering online from Walmart, because I have no desire to become enmeshed in this foolishness again. Pay a shipping charge instead, and be careful about clicking on "free shipping."

On the other hand, I have had no problems with wrong orders, unreasonable delays or customer service after delivery. I had a recliner arrive with an arm that I could not attach because the arm did not have the hardware. I glued the arm on with Gorilla Glue, told them about it, and they refunded my money, so I have a free recliner.

Dec 14, 2021
I loved that Walmart+ was available during the beginning of Covid and tgat I didn’t have to go shopping with my 3yr old granddaughter. But , 7 months into my membership, I was ”banned” from online shopping w/Walmart. The reason they gave me was “returns violations”. Only problem is, I have NEVER returned anything to Walmart, seriously. As it turns out, when they deliver to the wrong address, bring your groceries hot (milk at 68 degrees), or just leave something out(which is frequent), you are violating their returns policy. (That is, if you ask for your money back). I spend hundreds of dollars a month there and I explained it to them, filed a complaint with BBB. They reinstated me after some unpleasant tweets. Yesterday, my ordered was missing 7 items ($32.49). I called and explained, asked for replacements (denied), and refunded. Today, I am banned again. No refund on membership fee, no talk, no email, no letter. Just can not EVER shop online with Walmart again. Think twice my friends, think twice.

Moose and Squirrel

Banned
BANNED
Mar 12, 2022
Wow. Don't buy this.

I got walmart+, inhome service because there aren't any tips on deliveries so it looked incredibly cheap on paper. And employees in a van, not some guy putting groceries in their trunk.

Worked great while I was on the trial. Right after that ended, they did a no-show two out of three grocery delivery days. First time, 9am-1 delivery window, nothing, no message, no call, nothing. The second miss was for the same time window, and I got a text at 5:30pm saying "we're late, but we're still on our way". When nobody was here by 9 PM, I called the store. No answer. Called the 800 line, they said they'd call the store and reschedule for the next day. Early next day email from customer service saying "The store said they could not reschedule".

Call the inhome # at the local store, eventually get someone in the corporate office that tells me "They couldn't get a driver those days, and then you canceled the orders". Nope. I canceled nothing.

Called to talk to the store manager. "They aren't in. We don't know when they'll be in. They set their own schedules. Try back after 10, maybe 11?" It was 9:30.

They did refund my walmart+, but when I asked for a refund of the annual inhome fee, they offered a "pro-rated" $3 out of 40, for something I hadn't used for a month paid out of 12.

It'd be terrific if they actually showed up or didn't oversubscribe the employees, or perhaps the employees just figured out that nobody was in charge of the chicken coop, and they could just not do anything all day without consequences or oversight? No idea. Either way, they aren't equipped to handle the service that they're selling.

Just wanted them to do doorstep delivery too, nothing fancy like bringing it into the house.

robgroesbeck

Honorable
Nov 9, 2017
I started a trial of Walmart+ and was not able to locate any possible option to link my wife's Walmart online account with the Walmart+ subscription so that both of us can get the benefits from it. This is very easy to do with Amazon Prime. I tried to locate this in the Android app, online in the Android browser and with the Windows-based browser. I finally contacted customer support who informed me that this is impossible and that we would need to pay for two separate Walmart+ accounts in order for us both to use it. If this is truly the case, it's a fatal flaw in the product. If it's not the case, the ability to do so should be far simpler to locate and use and Walmart's customer support should be able to assist customers with it.

Jul 4, 2023
Walmart has it all backwards as far as i am concerned! I am one of numerous Baby Boomers, on a fixed income, no car who needs unlimited delivery FROM THE STORE With NO MINIMUM! I could care less about free shipping with no minimum because i buy way much more from the store!! Besides, i would much rather get shipping from AMAZON as they are QUICKER, and better and faster on RETURNS!! they should at the minimum give us a choice even of choosing free shipping OR free deliveries from the store with no minimum amount spent. Plain and simple. They are going to lose a grip of us seniors thats for sure!!

cuvtixo

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Walmart recently made all soft drinks unavailable for grocery delivery. You are still required to buy at least $35 worth of grocery, so this is a real bummer.
I can't find conformation of this anywhere, and on the site I can get delivery of, for example, a six-pack of Sprite from the local store, just not "shipping" from any remote places. I assume it's only carbonated soft drinks, anyways, that won't be shipped. The price for under $35 isn't too bad, not worse than my local grocery store chain.

cuvtixo

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
Don't sign up for Walmart+ ....
...On the other hand, I have had no problems with wrong orders, unreasonable delays or customer service after delivery. I had a recliner arrive with an arm that I could not attach because the arm did not have the hardware. I glued the arm on with Gorilla Glue, told them about it, and they refunded my money, so I have a free recliner.
Um... why are you listing all these good points after "don't sign up"?!?!?! And the fact they cancelled the membership after 15 days, "the Walmart online rep was helpful". You haven't given any good reasons, other than you yourself to forgot to cancel the free trial, that it's bad.

cuvtixo

Honorable
Oct 25, 2017
When I was a Prime member, before fake reviews became quite so rampant there, I would read the one-star reviews instead of the 5 star ones. I would look to see if the complaints were unconvincing or just plain bonkers. Just about every product will have some haters, but if most comments sounded just crazy and/or unreasonable, I would take a chance and buy, and this served me very well, at least in the early 2000s. I'm now looking here at comments, and... I think I'm going to take a chance on Walmart+ !!!

Reactions: judithalaina
Jul 28, 2023
I made an account just to let people know that I think these comments must be based on someone's location. I do have both prime and Walmart plus and would not cancel either. I have a family of four so if i order groceries I would never be able to spend less than 35 dollars. I use delivery regularly and find it to be a life saver. I do suffer from social anxiety so going to Walmart may be one of the worst things for me. The prices are really good though. This allows me to get good prices without having to go into the store or pay for delivery. You do have an option to tip the driver or not I always choose to do it because it's worth it for me to get to avoid going in Walmart and I know that these people who deliver are doing this to make a living. But it is not a requirement that you even tip. I have never had any issues that were not easily solved by chatting with customer service. I think i may have had to call one time. Due to anxiety i prefer to chat. But my problems have always been solved, my deliveries are always on time, mostly exactly to the dot. I have used the in-store scan and go once, and it was simple and no issues. I scanned all products while waiting in line because it was so long. When i got to the self-checkout all I had to do was scan code off app and it paid with app. I grabbed a bunch of bags and just showed door worker scan code and bagged it all at my trunk exactly the way i wanted and without the anxiety of a crowd. I love amazon prime and would never cancel either. I just do not think you have to say one is bad and one is good. They offer different benefits that I enjoy. For me having both is worth it. If you can only afford one or the other, which is totally normal and nothing to be ashamed of, go with the one that works best for your needs. No one has to be the bad guy. Part of our American culture wants us to pick or choose. red or blue. good or bad. black or white. Let's choose to be different. No one person or one company is all good or all bad. Every human has some good qualities, and we all have some darkness as well. Walmart and amazon may be competitors. but neither one is all good or all bad. No single person or company achieves the level of success they both have because they choose to always be good or do the right thing.

Jul 28, 2023
When I was a Prime member, before fake reviews became quite so rampant there, I would read the one-star reviews instead of the 5 star ones. I would look to see if the complaints were unconvincing or just plain bonkers. Just about every product will have some haters, but if most comments sounded just crazy and/or unreasonable, I would take a chance and buy, and this served me very well, at least in the early 2000s. I'm now looking here at comments, and... I think I'm going to take a chance on Walmart+ !!!
You should. But be aware. the same kinds of fake reviews are on there as well. Walmart also sells items form 3rd parties. Fakeness in everywhere now and that is even more reason you should actually give something a chance and form your own opinions. I would still read reviews no matter who you go with because i do think products that are liked by more people than not are likely to be better quality but like you said yourself, with just a little research you can tell if these reviews are mostly fake or purchased responses. It happens on amazon and Walmart and probably every other place you purchase from.