Want an antivirus software that works well without updating

vishalaestro

Distinguished
Jun 29, 2011
one of my friends system is affected by full of viruses ..he doesnt want to reinstall the os..at the same time he wants to clean the virus ...the problem is he doesnt have an internet connection to update virus database..i gave him threat fire but its not effective to remove his viruses..any idea to clean his computer ..can i update his antivirus through any installation of virus database by downloading the database from other computer..

aford10

Distinguished
Just download the latest version of Malwarebytes, and put it on a flash drive. You can just plug the flash drive into his computer and run it.

Or, create a new AVG rescue disc. You can boot the computer off the disc, instead of the hard drive, and it'll scan it.

truegenius

Distinguished
Oct 22, 2011
you can use avast which have a feature by which you can scan before completely booting to window so it can remove antivirus effectively.
also their isnt any antivirus that can remove all virus without any update. that is a antivirus of 2010 cannot remove virus discovered in 2011 (whose coding is different from the database with last update of 2010)

specopspc

Distinguished
Jun 9, 2010

If its 2012 sure just enable auto updates. If its 2011 and prior; honestly it wont let you update to the newer databases unless its 2012. What version is yours?