Want to buy a Home Theater Audio system

Lutfij

Splendid
Hey there everyone!

I am going ahead with a new HTPC build for my living room. I have all the components at hand but i can't seem to choose between the various makers of home theater system solutions.

Approximate purchase date : in less than a month

Projected cost : 200~250 UK pounds

Speakers setup : 5.1~7.1 (I'd like a 5.1 channel system, but most of the movie content i dwnld are in 2 or 6 channel>i'm open to suggestions on that)

Size : Compact, wall mountable and not over (could have the rear 2 speakers on stands)

I/O : should be able to handle coaxial and/or optical audio from a SupremeFX X-Fi or a Gigabyte H55m-USB3

One other issue i'm boggled with, do i need a amp/receiver for the setup? I'll only have my HTPC to do ALL my media needs.

I'd also appreciate it if you guys can guide my purchases on uk sites. Preferably, amazon.co.uk or any site that is favourable.

Thank you all for your time.

Solution
At your price range, it is not easy to find a better product than what you already found. The Z5500 will sound louder due to its bass and it's hard to beat when you use its decoder for movies any system at its price range. On music, the Pioneer HTS may sound better if you do not crank the volume pass 70%.

Another option is this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onkyo-HT-S5205B-Receiver-Speaker-Package/dp/B00261LD6G/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1290085619&sr=1-20 but that'll go over your budget.

Lutfij

Splendid
PUN noted :p actually, the family don't do all of the above.

I live in Bangladesh.We watch movies, watch Tv on a Panasonic 43 inch projector tv and haven't moved out of video coaxial input.

I have a relative in Uk, thats why I suggested to look within their sites. I have a rig dedicated to gaming, and that has a 4 point surround sound solution ( also cos the room is small) and am happy with its setup.

The living room however, is alot larger, but I'm deciding to go with a 5.1 setup, and I hope to keep it enjoyable for my folks. You know how old folks are with having too many remotes in one room :p ?

Watching HDTV is all they'll do. Me and my lil' bro will watch downloaded tv shows and movies via the HTPC.

I'm not stubborn on buying the pioneer setup, I'm wondering whether I need such a high end system when I'll be able to use only 30% of its features. I believe , that anything I'll purchase isn't overly packed with features.

rexter

Distinguished
Mar 17, 2006
At your price range, it is not easy to find a better product than what you already found. The Z5500 will sound louder due to its bass and it's hard to beat when you use its decoder for movies any system at its price range. On music, the Pioneer HTS may sound better if you do not crank the volume pass 70%.

Another option is this one http://www.amazon.co.uk/Onkyo-HT-S5205B-Receiver-Speaker-Package/dp/B00261LD6G/ref=sr_1_20?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1290085619&sr=1-20 but that'll go over your budget.

Solution