Want to buy a new HDTV need suggestions...

jjb8675309

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I am looking to buy a TV tomorrow or this weekend from a retail store... here is the background info and what I want out of the TV.

Budget: 800 before tax

Size 46" and up, has to be 1080p, dont care about 120 hz. Basically I need a larger TV for my living room which currently only has a 32" LCD in it... I feel like 46" ish is the optimal size for my price-point. Can someone please make some suggestions based on this info? I am always in the GPU forums but am quite new to this section of TOMS any help is deeply appreciated because Id like to pull the trigger on one tomorrow. Preferably I'd like to buy it from Frys Electronics or Best buy as I live in Las Vegas. Unless of course if there is a smoking deal online, and of course Id prefer to spend less money if possible but also value I brand name such as LG or Samsung over a brand such as insignia which may provide a comparable model for 100 dollars cheaper. (for example)

jjb8675309

Distinguished
Feb 21, 2010
I ended up getting a 50" LG plasma 1080p for 650 at Costco great deal for my needs imo I am very happy, back to football! :)

once you take the hippy energy saving settings off it delivers a very impressive picture given the price and specs