Want to connect soundbar to switch box; TV has no audio outputs

jdani88

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015
OK so pretty much everyone told me I was out of luck on connecting my vizio soundbar (SB2920x-C6) to my Samsung TV UN32EH4003F (didn't have any audio outputs whatsoever). Until someone gave me hope and said to use a switcher to get the audio out of the soundbar.

So I purchased a monoprice hdmi 4 port switcher with 3 different digital outputs. Now I've connected my hdmi cable to the switcher and I've connected the toslink cable from the soundbar to the switcher and I've tried every input but still no sound from TV to soundbar.

Am I doing something wrong?
It sounded so simple too.

Solution
The HDMI ports on that TV are input ports. That TV does not have any way to connect for audio out. The best you can do is use the HDMI switcher to get audio from other sources. If you are using the antenna input on the TV you are out of luck.

kanewolf

Judicious
The HDMI ports on that TV are input ports. That TV does not have any way to connect for audio out. The best you can do is use the HDMI switcher to get audio from other sources. If you are using the antenna input on the TV you are out of luck.

Solution

jdani88

Estimable
Dec 1, 2015

If I have this https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00IYETYX8/ref=ox_sc_saved_image_2?ie=UTF8&psc=1&smid=A249FRVY0JGHJA connected to my tv, can I connect sound bar to tuner?
Just want to exhaust all my options.

Thank you so much for your response.